Thursday, November 27, 2008

Update On Trip To Mexico

I found the blog I wrote about going Mx. I decided that I better let everyone know how things went. We had a nice visit with Esteban's parents. I made cakes and choc. chip cookies, poor man steak, mashed potaoes, American fried chicken for them while I was there. I took some of my ingredients with me because I didn't know if I could find them there and if I could how much it would cost. Man, the hamburger was so expensive. I don't remember how much, but I do remember that it was expensive and you only buy it on special occassions.
Esteban's dad is raising pigs and we got to see some be born. It's amazing that they are sooo pink and cute when they are first born, but after they are a few days old they become dirty looking. On rainy days, the baby pigs would walk in the house ( the only time the doors were shut was when it was time to go to bed) to get out of the rain. They would go in the kitchen and in the living room. Every time I saw them in the house, I shooed them out the back door and Esteban's dad would laugh at me and say that I never lived on a farm. I told him that I did and my mother never let the animals come in the house. One day, he decided to put them in one of their bathrooms for the night. I helped him put those squealling pigs in the bathroom. We had to hurry and try to keep them quiet so the mamma pig wouldn't hear them and try to get loose and get mad at whoever was hurting her babies. Never in my life did I think that mamma pigs became mean when someone touched her piglets. We had fun trying to keep up with those baby pigs. We had to go get them when they went in the neighbor's yard. There was never a dull moment when those pigs were out of their pen.
We had a good time there, but it was to long to be away from hubby. I told Esteban that the next time I go to Mx, he is going with me. Can you blame me? :) I was very glad to get home. Esteban's dad took me to the airport in Mx City and then I was on my own with the 3 kids. What an experience I'll never forget! On the way down, I changed planes in Chicago and our plane was late and I didn't think that I would get there in time. Well, I had to run with a 25 lb bag on my back and push 3 kids in a twin stroller. When we got there, we quickly went to the bathrooms and got in line while they were boarding the plane. I barely had time to catch my breath. I called mom to tell her that we got to our next flight and I could not talk long, I was out of breath & I needed a drink, but we made it to Mx all in one piece. On the way home, now that was a challenge. We made it to Chicago with no problem. We get in line and get on the plane and I had 3 crying & cranky kids on my hands. There were only 2 seats on each side of the plane. Esteban Lee had to sit acroos the aisle from me. I could reach out and touch him. He was so exhausted and tired and all he did was cry and say that he wanted his mommy. There was nothing I could do to calm him down and the flight attendent told him that if he quit crying she would give him some M&Ms. Finaly he stopped crying. Well ,we were off and the 3 kids went to sleep during take off. I thought that I could rest the last 2 hrs home. Wrong! We had problems with the plane and we had to land and get off the plane. Now, how was I going to get off the plane and put 3 sleeping childern in the stroller and wait till we could get back on again? I would not have been able to do it if the people hadn't helped me. Someone helped me with Fabian and held him while he slept ( he even peed thru his clothes and soaked her too) and the other 2 slept in the stroller while we waited. I called Esteban and told him that we would be getting in late. Guess what? After I talked to him on the phone, they cancelled our flight. Now, what was I suppose to do? .There was no way I wanted to find a hotel with 3 kids, had no cash on hand,I had only a few diapers in my bag, and I was about to burst into tears. I called Esteban and told him and then I said come get me. He would have if he could. I got in line with everyone else to get another ticket. I got one to leave around 6 in the morning to go to Greensboro. Now, it was around 1:00 in the morning and there was no way I was going to leave that big airport and try to find my way around it again. So, we spent the night in that big airport. The kids were still sleeping, so I left Esteban Lee in the stroller and put Cynthia on the floor ( she kept sliding out of her seat), and I curled up on the floor with Fabian and when I laid him down he dcided to wake up. I finally, got him quited down and I dosed off and on for a couple of hours. We get to Greensboro and go to get my luggage and they sent it to Charolette. They forgot to switch it. We went to pick it up that afternoon @ Charolette. Now, I know what its like to stay over night in an airport with kids. It really wasn't that bad. It could have been worse. I thank the Lord that even though Esteban wasn't with me, He was with me and I was okay. We did have a wonderful time and it was quite an experience.
Cindy

2 comments:

CALISTA said...

Wow... what an experience! I can't believe you went all that way by yourself with 3 kids! I wouldn't do it with one if I didn't have to! You rock!

The Taylors said...

Ugh I guess they say "all's well that ends well" but certainly no fun at the time. Glad it all worked out for you.