Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What A Way To Start The week!

Whew! Yesterday was a long day! Cynthia got the 24 hr flu around 4:30 p.m. and Fabian's gums were hurting and he was fussy. So in between clearing the table, sweeping the floor,cooking supper, I was trying to soothe a 10 month old and wipe up vomit after a 2 yr old when husband walked in the door. The table still wasn't finished and the dirt was in a pile and supper still wasn't cooked. Thank the Lord for leftovers. I had leftover roast and a little bit of rice from Sunday's lunch. So I quickly boiled potatoes and mashed them and cooked some vegetables while my sweet husband went to the store and bought Cynthia sprite and chicken noodle soup. Then when he got home, supper was done and the baby ate a little and was crying so sweet hubby held baby Fabian while I gobbled (literally) my food down. Then I took over and held him while he ate. Well Cynthia still wasn't feeling better and wasn't keeping the sprite down and I was out of Tylenol and had no pedilytes. So Esteban made a trip to walmart after he ate his supper. Well, who was going to clean the kitchen? At this time, who wouldn't wish for a maid? Well, guess the kitchen 'll have to wait till aunt Darlene gets home around 9:30 and it did. Aunt Darlene helped me unload the dishwasher and load it up. The rest could wait till morning hopefully the babies will feel better by then. Well, Fabian didn't go to sleep till around 11 something so I sat on the couch with him and had my devotions. Then I finally got him down and crawled into bed by sleeping husband and just lay my tired head down on the pillow and I jump up out of bed to help a little girl who is throwing up in her bed. Well, I didn't get to sleep till way after 1:30 a.m.After I fixed pancakes for breakfast this morning, I did finish the kitchen and even got the floor swept and mopped. Cynthia hasn't thrown up today and after lunch we all took naps. I started to feel queasy. Now, I feel OK. I guess I slept it off. Esteban Lee says he doesn't feel good now. Well, at least they're all not sick at once. Fabian seems happy right now. Guess what we are going to have for supper since nobody feels good? That's right! Homemade chicken noodle soup. I hope that the rest of the week goes better, but that's the fun part of being a mom. Sometimes you don't know how the day's going to go. I really do love being a mom. Most of us moms don't like it when our kids are sick. When they are sick it's okay just to make the house look presentable and take care of our babies. Well, I need to close so I can take care of my babies and have supper on the table when my sweet husband comes home. (at least try to.) I hope that you all have a good evening. Take care, Cindy

No comments: